Monday, August 6, 2012

Floral Wreath DIY (Cheapo TM)

I've been longing for a floral headband for a while now, 
something like this >,<


but outside (at the stores) it can costs anywhere from $10+ to $30 ;;>,<;;
as a student , of course I have to survive on a low budget 
And when I saw Mirai's pretty pretty headband , 
and found out that she actually made it herself , OAO
I am inspired to try it out. 
Asked her and she said to use wire. :3

Today, I was cleaning my room when I found out that I have some random stuff that actually can make a pretty decent floral headband albeit not a perfect one ;) 

these are what I found :


some flower wreaths my friend gave to me sometimes back .
These are only two. There are a BUNCH of them.
I twisted it around my night stand because I thought it would be such a waste to throw them away
Turn out I can use them now !! xD 

Some Art Yarn I got from DAISO at $2

Some paper rope I got for a project looong looong ago .

And So, I started off by :

1.  Measure roughly how long you want your headband to be . 
You can do this by winding the rope around your head :) 

After you've cut the length of rope you want , 
tie a knot at the end of the paper rope, 
around the wire of the flower
 Make sure you tie a dead knot ! :D

2. Twist the wire around the rope

3. Do it until the wire is all wound around the paper rope 

4. Continue with another flower. ALternating the colour will make a good contrast ;)
Nature is messy anyway, so its okay if your wreath is a bit messy ;)


5. It should look something like this after the 2nd wire is attached

6. Now, I'm using the yarn to add varieties ^^
you can use beads, fur or anything you want as long as it looks nice :3

FIRST , tie 2 (two) dead knots around the wire 
just behind the knot of paper rope (step 1)

THEN ,
twist the yarn around the paper rope 

I've twisted some flowers and yarn around the rope. 
Now it should look something like this ^^


7. You'll want to leave an extra length of yarn 
when you reach the end of your wreath


8. Tie 2 (two) dead knots around the wire using this extra yarn

Dead knots to secure the yarn to the wire !! :D

9. Cut the extra Yarn 

10. Continue twisting the flowers and EVENTUALLY,
you'll have something like THIS 


Yaaay~ xD 

But I find it a bit flimsy actually, since I'm using paper rope as the base.
You should use a THICK, BENDABLE WIRE of you want a STURDY HEADBAND 


11. BUT if you dont have thick wire, 
and you're cheapo ^^
you can use bobby pins Cheapo TM ^^ 
This will help the headband stay where they are
preventing them from falling off your head ^^


Remember the first knot  of paper rope in step 1? ^^
pierce the bobby pin through the middle of the knot :D

it will look like this! \(^_^)/

Do it at the other end too ~ 
and ~ 
ta daah ~~~



Ready to wear ;D
hope this help ^^


                        (/ (/
Terumi~ ヾ(・ω・*)ノ





No comments:

Post a Comment