Monday, January 12, 2015

TOHO 東方Project Cosplay Shoot - Yuyuko Saigyouji 西行寺 幽々子

Heya 。◕‿◕。
today I'll be writing about my Yuyuko Shoot :3  which was like freaking long ago hahahaha ^^ ""Anyway , before I go there, during the recent new year I saw many people making a compilation of their shoot throughout the year , so I decided to jump into the fray and make one as well since I had more free time during the holiday :3 And it turned out like this - your normal photo collage - I did this in a rush and - to begin with - had no idea how to design a pretty collage anyway hahahaha xD ( talentless at scrapbooking) 



It kinda surprised me that I actually did 10 shoots in total with 12 costumes ( 2 of the costumes, meido kuroneko and default izuna isnt in the compilation) . I didnt realize that I actually did quite a few - an average of roughly one per month !! Hope next year will be the same or not as bad Q___Q ... Anyway, I started school on 28th December and had a semi-huge exam on 9th January ( Sadlife) and now , Im mugging like crazy again for my FINAL YEAR exam in 1.5 weeks time approximately =___= needless to say, Im dying slowly and am deathly afraid... At times like this , I really really REALLY wanted to just sieve through the PILES of shoot pictures I have and single out the decent ones . ( Its when I need to study MOST that my brain start to think that cleaning the house, cooking , or ANYTHING unrelated to studying is EXTREMELY interesting  ) 
Sadly, I do admit that I have to study :'( 
So yea, I'll continue to try to blog weekly as my new year promise indicated ... bit by bit ... but I dont think I can churn out much pictures hahaha xD its final years after all.. T__T (wishing I'm one of those smart people who somehow managed to chill quite a bit even before exam) 

Anyway, pardon my digression. Lets continue with the topic of this post 

Yuyuko's shoot !
Yuyuko is one of the character from a popular shooter game TOHO Project  ( or some people would like to spell Touhou / Touho ) :3 Its  basically a shooter game thats 
Developed by a single artist : JUN  
Illustrated by a single artist : JUN 
with Music Composed by a single artist : JUN 
and to top it off, if you're not used to it , toho is NOT easy to play ٩(●~▿~●)۶
(such an awesome japanese polymath (◐ω◑ ) )  
and here below is Yuyuko's original character Illustration by JUN 
The thing about Toho is, the character and story is more or less much more open to interpretation ;3 and the design is actually very pretty :3 As you can see, some fanart turn out to be really beautiful 

Sourced from http://www.zerochan.net/891574#full
Credit to the awesome artist :) 

To make things simple for non-TOHO fans , background wise, Yuyuko is the ruler of Hakugyokurou , the Netherland for Toho Universe. Kinda like Hades in Greek mythology or Hel in Norse mythology in soooome way if that makes it easier to understand ^^ Her hobby is eating (almost anything that tastes nice) and sleeping /lazing around ^^ 


Source :  http://konachan.com/post/show?md5=8cc9f6b3497e143d30f19b6a931f94c0

She has on close servant + gardener that is Konpaku Youmu :3 

Source : http://acm.zju.edu.cn/onlinejudge/showProblem.do?problemCode=3384

and so
now you know the purpose behind me truckloading so much food onto the shoot table set 


Actually got the cake at 1.5 from Cold Storage 


- HAHAHA -

and added the strawberries ourselves. 
They were on DISCOUNT !!!!! LOLOLOLLL Korean strawberries are the best ! (The USA ones seem too sour for my taste and I have not tasted Japanese ones T__T *digression auntie * ) ^^ The cupcakes and pastries were from a bakery opposite my HDB  block LOL. For Yuyuko's shoot, we did both indoor and outdoor shoot, so for indoor shoot we focused mainly on her 'foodie' aspect :) - the best thing about indoor shoot is AIRCON !!


In addition, because the shoot was indoor, we can start in the morning, have lunch and THEN venture out to shoot. I remembered that day , I had Indomie for lunch because .... err.. we're rushing before my face melted basically ^^ hehehe...

Post is turning into an indirect advert to indomie due to digression

The bad thing about an indoor shoot when you dont have a proper flash /studio is the lighting is freaking shitty.... Ee-chan (my photog) and I wish for that one day we can buy a proper flash , background etc and set up a small studio for indoor shoot T__T... 

Outdoor shoot at the right timing of the day meanwhile can give you awesome lighting ^6 However, I do worry more about outdoor shoot because, the moment you stepped out to do a shoot, you have to worry about so many things from forgetting a prop , broken prop , etc to melting make up - which is a potential disaster at times ^^" I have to bring the usual arsenal of emergency kit (safety pins , hair pins , emergency sewing kit etc etc etc ) before I feel safe . 


At one point of time , I was sitting on grass for a pose and were quite worried about ants and insects T___T In the end we managed to take the shot but I was deathly worried about the insects during the pose itself....

Changed the colour scheme of most outdoor shots since I want to try to replicate the 'netherworld' feel (hahaha hopefully 2 years down the road I wont return and feel this is damn embarassing and fail ^^)  


That's all for my Yuyuko shoot :3 still have some that I've yet to see .. Going to slowly sift through whenever Im free hahaha 

❤ Cia
。*:★(´・ω・人・ω・`)。:゜★。
❤  Follow me~ (。・ω・。)- テルテルミ ❤ 
Click on the Icons below for linkS



No comments:

Post a Comment